Title: Adjunct Faculty - Engineering Technology
Agency: Northern VA Community College
Location: Multiple Locations
Hiring Range: Starting salary is commensurate as based on assigned instructor level, education, and experience.
Full Time or Part Time: Part Time
Job Description:Adjunct faculty members are responsible for effectively planning and teaching courses in the designated discipline/field of study to students from a variety of academic backgrounds and experiences. Teaching may include a variety of formats: face to face, remote, and online. Adjunct faculty are employed to teach up to 12 credit hours in the fall and spring semester and/or up to 8 credit hours during summer session. Teaching load is based on student enrollment and staffing needs. The adjunct faculty contract contains no expectation or guarantee of continued employment.
Must reside in the (DC, VA, MD) DMV area.
Duties and Tasks:
* Teach specific classes in the designated discipline.
* Develop course syllabi and instructional materials.
* Maintain records, assign grades, and assess student progress.
* Adhere to policies, procedures, and regulations of NOVA and the VCCS.
* Maintain current competence in the particular discipline or field of specialization.
As a part of the primary responsibility to provide quality instruction, the College expects each faculty member to meet assigned classes regularly; submit required records and reports routinely; teach the prescribed courses of study with the established texts; and adhere to the statement on professional ethics in accordance with College policies, procedures, and regulations.
* Adept knowledge of instructional technologies
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Exellent analytical skills
* Excellent oral/written communication skills
* Ability to work with a diverse student population
* Ability to use instructional technology
* Bachelor's degree in the teaching field or associate degree in the teaching field with demonstrated competencies.
* Two years of full-time (part-time experience will be converted to its FT equivalent) related occupational experience.
* Industry certifications in Engineering Technology field, Fiber Optics or related.
* Prior experience teaching in higher education.
* Experience teaching in classroom, hybrid, and online formats.
* Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
* Experience teaching students from diverse language backgrounds and varying levels of proficiency