Department/College College of Business Position Title Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting (Tenure-Track) Job Category Faculty Posting Number 00418 FLSA Exempt Full or Part Time Full-Time Other Temporary No If Temporary, number of months
Position Summary Information
The College of Business (COB) at Athens State University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting. This is a tenure-track position reporting directly to the Accounting, Statistics, and Analytics Department Chair in the College of Business. The start date for a Fall 2024 appointment is August, 2024.
In addition to adhering to the duties listed below, faculty members must adhere to the general faculty guidelines as specified by Athens State University and perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of the College of Business and the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs.
* Teaching a variety of undergraduate and/or graduate accounting courses in a variety of formats (face-to-face, online, hybrid, etc.);
* Developing and delivering courses in a variety of modes, including online courses that ensure quality and effective assessment;
* Working with a range of students to assist them in reaching goals and learning outcomes;
* Professional development and/or scholarship appropriate for a teaching institution to maintain currency in disciplinary field(s);
* Maintaining office hours and advising students;
* Serving on committees and assisting with accreditation efforts and institutional assessment, as needed;
* Actively engaging in departmental, college, and institutional initiatives;
* Actively engaging with professional organizations, area businesses, government agencies, and contractors to develop relationships and opportunities that enrich student experiences.
* Doctorate, preferably DBA or Ph.D. OR Master's degree, with at least 18 graduate hours in accounting;
* Nationally-recognized relevant professional certification in accounting (CPA, CMA, CFE, etc.);
* Ability to effectively teach courses in a wide range of accounting topics.
* Demonstrated professional experience in the field of accounting;
* College-level teaching experience;
* Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development of a diverse and inclusive learning community.
Salary Band: AS240/AO240
To view salary schedules, visit: https://www.athens.edu/about/offices/human- resources/salary-schedule-tables/
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Posting Detail Information
Located in historic Athens, Alabama, Athens State University offers junior and senior-level coursework to community college graduates and transfer students holding sufficient credits from other institutions. Presently, over 3,100 students have selected Athens State because of its neighborly environment where 50 majors and degree programs are offered, with courses taught by a supportive and exceptional faculty. Approximately 80% of the students are enrolled in at least one online course. The typical student is a working adult who commutes. Recently, the University was featured in the 2015 Best Value Online College Rankings by OnlineU.org for four online programs including computer science, accounting, education and human resources. The University offers undergraduate degree programs in Liberal Arts, Teacher Preparation, and Business. The University employs more than 350 full and part-time employees with approximately 90 full-time faculty members in three colleges: College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, and College of Education. Seventy-five percent of the full-time faculty members hold a terminal degree. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Athens, Alabama is located in north Alabama equidistant between Nashville, TN and Birmingham, AL. Athens is home to several events and festivals that have been featured as the Southeast Tourism Society's "Top 20 Events in the Southeast" including the Athens Storytelling Festival and the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention.
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement Athens State University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. Athens State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, religion, genetic information, or veteran status in employment, or admissions to or participation in educational programs and activities. Inquiries or concerns may be addressed to the Office of the Provost/Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs, 300 N. Beaty St., Athens, AL 35611, 256- 233-8175.
Background Check Statement
In accordance with Athens State University Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from that criminal background check.
Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Unofficial transcripts should be from the college or university which verifies minimum qualifications for the position. Upon an offer of employment, official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be submitted. Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Please provide contact information for three professional references on your application. Include correct email addresses if available.
Athens State University participates in the E-verify System to verify employment eligibility for all newly-hired employees.
To apply or view details, visit https://jobs.athens.edu/
Review of applications will begin as soon as possible and remain "open until filled".
For assistance, contact the Human Resources Office at 256-216-3333 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.