Position at SESI Schools Dean of Students
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. We believe that all children deserve an education that goes beyond academics and enables them to realize their full potential and grow into responsible, self-sufficient adults. SESI operates over 50 AdvancED/Cognia accredited Special Education schools and 80+ in-district classrooms nationwide. Our certified teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to overcome barriers to education. Our purpose drives our performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact. The Opportunity
The Dean of Students is expected to work very closely with the Program Director to carry out the daily functions described by the Director. The Dean of Students is responsible for maintaining a safe school environment where students are given the opportunity for quality education. You Are
Someone who is passionate about serving students with special needs so that they can perform at their highest level and realize productive, fulfilling futures. You believe that ALL children can learn and have the desire to make a positive impact in the lives of students. You excel at building relationships, collaborating with a team, and persevering through difficult challenges. You have a sense of optimism, a willingness to learn and grow, and a commitment to improving outcomes for students. Responsibilities
- Assist the Program Director and Teacher in taking all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students and to prevent damage to school equipment and classroom facilities.
- Possess an understanding of Full Bloom's philosophy, policies and procedures relating to conduct, discipline and attendance outcomes for students and staff.
- Provide instructional leadership in creating a positive and caring learning environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current curricular and instructional practices that promote student achievement and are specifically aimed at students with disabilities and behavioral issues. Understand the principles of effective classroom management.
- Implement the behavior improvement program.
- Supervise initiatives that meet appropriate alternative education standards.
- Develop strategies for continuous school improvement.
- Provide direction and leadership regarding safety and security by assisting in student arrival and dismissal process at school entry and exit points and within the classroom setting as well as participating in proper student searches when necessary.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders including parents, outside social service agencies and law enforcement.
- Ensure compliance in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative policies, and state, municipal and federal regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrate professional conduct with colleagues, students, and parents in accordance with Full Bloom's policies, procedures and rules.
- Lead by example by being punctual, respectful, and assertive and by guiding staff and students to take pride in their classrooms, school, and community.
- Perform other assigned duties determined by Full Bloom's needs and business requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience working with youth preferred
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid time off and vacation time
- Competitive salary of $50,000 - $65,000 (Most candidates will come in at the bottom or middle of the pay range. Top candidates will have significant experience.)
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company's team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions - Full Bloom, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org