Post-Doctoral Research Associate Location:
Charlotte, NC Job Summary and Description:
- A PhD in technical, scientific, or engineering field obtained within 2 years of appointment
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete milestones and deliverables
- Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking skills, data analysis skills and a demonstrated ability to integrate these skills into effective experimental design, execution and reporting
- Ability to scope technical tasks and develop creative solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to clearly define and articulate both objectives and outcomes of their research
- A demonstrated capacity for advanced research approaches to solve complex problems
Additional Job Information:
- This is a full time, 1-year, postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs.
- Full benefit package provided.
- Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States through the full duration of the appointment.
- Familiarity with modeling and simulation tools - SCALE, MCNP, ORIGEN
- Programming skills for data analysis
- Problem solving capability - desire and methodology
- Experimental background (desired)
- Materials or neutronics background (desired)
The salary range for this position is $53,780 USD to $80,420 USD annually.
This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on various factors, including without limitation applicant's education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary may also be adjusted based on applicant's geographic location.
This role is eligible to participate in EPRI's annual incentive program. The amount of incentive varies and is subject to the terms and conditions of the plan.
This role is eligible to participate in EPRI's standard employee benefit programs, which currently include the following: medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD and paid family leave, life and accident insurance, paid time off (flexible vacation, sick leave, and holiday pay).
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Energy.