Boulder Scientific Company (BSC) is headquartered in Mead, CO, and is a premier provider of organometallic compounds and other specialty chemicals used in a wide range of applications. BSC is a pioneer and leading manufacturer of metallocene catalysts and co-catalysts that are primarily used to produce metallocene polyethylene, polypropylene and elastomers, but also supplies products into Electronics, Pharmaceutical and Defense applications. BSC operates two sites in Northern Colorado, which include: a main production facility in Mead and a second facility in Longmont. BSC has continuously grown the sales of its products to existing and new customers and expects to continue on a high growth trajectory.
Pay for this role is $20-24 hourly, depending on experience. BSC offers medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, and 401(k) with matching. See more about our offerings on our page.
Boulder Scientific Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Boulder Scientific Company (BSC) is seeking an Analytical Lab Support I/II to join our QC Analytical team. The Analytical Laboratory Support's primary responsibilities are to perform all non-technical functions of the laboratory and provide assistance and support for the QC Manager, Chemists, Scientists, and other lab personnel. This role may perform some technical lab testing and solution preparation. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 8-hour workday.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working in laboratory conditions and will be attentive, detail oriented, and well trained to maintain safe conditions. The candidate will promote a collaborative work environment.Job Responsibilities
- Cleans scientific glassware after it is used in laboratories
- Procures and disposes of laboratory equipment, supplies, and chemical reagents as needed
- Maintains laboratory equipment such as vacuum pumps and gloveboxes
- Follows established Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions
- Uses personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed to prevent exposure to hazardous chemical reagents and waste
- Ability to be able to be forklift certified (BSC will supply this training) within 3 months of starting
- Travels in own vehicle between Mead and Longmont locations
- Refills and restocks solvents, fills liquid nitrogen dewars, and restocks solvent drums
- Performs chemical and consumable inventory
- Removes solid chemical waste from the laboratory
- May prepare acid-base and solvent solutions used for Analytical testing
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Must pass a job-related physical examination
- One to three months related chemistry experience and/or training
- Must have a valid driver's license and auto insurance
- Demonstrated basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Experience with inventory systems is helpful but not required
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally push, roll and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee will be required to wear appropriate PPE. The work environment is laboratories, storage areas, and warehouses. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
Powered by JazzHR