San Francisco, CA Category:
Faculty Positions Posted On:
Wed Dec 13 2023 Job Description:
The Integral Counseling Psychology (ICP) Program of the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is accepting applications for a full-time faculty position, to start Fall 2024. Priority deadline for Spring 2024 applications is February 1, 2024. The Integral Counseling Psychology Master of Arts program educates future psychotherapists by centering student development in the three pillars of our program: psychology, spirituality, and social justice. Through experiential, contemplative, theoretical, and transformative learning, students deepen self-awareness and hone clinical skills in coursework and practicum placements. Inspired by integral yoga, the program aspires to graduate students versed in socially engaged spirituality, relational and liberatory approaches, and critical consciousness.
Although job candidates need not specialize in all three pillars, successful candidates will demonstrate a reverence for these three pillars in all aspects of the job. One of the hallmarks of the ICP program is personal and transformative growth through experiential, contemplative, and didactic learning. This includes collaborative discussions, community-building practices, mindfulness practices, and reflective writing, where students combine inner experience and personal development with preparation to work as a therapist.
Major responsibilities include teaching 18 units per year, advising students, attending faculty and university meetings, attending orientations and graduations, service on departmental and university-wide committees, and ongoing participation in scholarship and publication. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Requirements:PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's or doctoral degree in counseling psychology or related field; licensed clinician (or license-eligible) in the State of California
- Successful experience teaching in graduate clinical education and training
- Clinical experience in relational and long-term psychotherapy with clients
- Successful experience working with social and culturally diverse clients
- Ability to teach one or more clinical foundation courses at the graduate level: therapeutic communication, the clinical relationship, transpersonal psychotherapy, family dynamics, and multicultural counseling
- Ability to teach at the graduate level one or more of these specialty courses: couples counseling, child therapy, trauma therapy, integrative seminar, gestalt therapy, and psychodynamics
- Demonstrated ability to address, manage and facilitate dynamics around power, privilege, and oppression related to race, class, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, religion, disability, neurodiversity, size, and ethnicity that arise in the classroom
- Experience evaluating, advising, and mentoring students
- Interest in scholarly productivity
- Affinity for the CIIS mission and the three pillars of ICP program
Additional Information:WAGES AND BENEFITS
- Significant training and experience practicing and teaching in depth, relational, and/or transpersonal psychologies
- Successful experience in community mental health settings
- A publication record and an interest in research
- Background in and understanding of subtle, unconscious, spiritual, and transpersonal dimensions
- Experience serving and collaborating with other faculty on committees, tasks, and projects at various departmental, school, and university-wide levels
Assistant Professor $66,000 - 77,000
Associate Professor $79,000 - 92,000
Professor $94,000 - 109,000NOTES TO CANDIDATE
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
- Working Conditions - Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically Monday through Friday.
- Background Check - Due to the sensitivity and requirements of this position, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses, or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship - Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance - This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
CIIS strives to cultivate and preserve a culture of inclusion and belonging as part of its Seven Commitments. More than accept difference, we honor and celebrate our staff's diversity of experiences, perspectives, and identities. Together, our community creates and maintains working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, accessible, and welcoming.
CIIS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation, and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual, and bicultural students, faculty, and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI+). CIIS is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.