DescriptionApply today! We are currently offering a $12,000 sign on bonus for experienced RN's!
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Behavioral Health RN Emergency Services Days you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Research Medical Center which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Research Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Research Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Our Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care in the most compassionate way. The Behavioral Health program provides individual treatment for adolescents and adults who suffer from emotional, behavioral or mental health disorders. As an RN on the acute inpatient unit, you will provide professional, skilled, age-specific psychiatric nursing care for patients in collaboration with physicians, social workers, mental health counselors and other disciplines. Unlock the possibilities in your nursing career by joining a team that cares like family. What you will do in this role:
· You will perform comprehensive patient assessments to include patient/family readiness for participation.
· You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
· You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN's scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
· You will participate in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions.
· You will administer medications in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
· You will provide education and emotional support, appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance, and incorporate patient/family teaching into all aspects of nursing practice. What Qualifications You Will Need:
· Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
· Current State of practice RN licensure required within 90 days of Graduation OR Active License
· Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills required.
· BLS certification required upon hire.
· Previous clinical experience preferred
· Prefer one year of inpatient psychiatric experience.
· Basic computer skills
Research Medical Center is a 585+ bed hospital. Our hospital offers an array of medical and health clinic services. This includes women's services offering obstetrics and fertility, an emergency room, and a trauma center. We offer a Stroke Center, a walk-in clinic, and orthopedics across three Kansas City locations. Our specialty care areas include a Chest Pain Center, Level I Trauma Center, Breast Care Center, Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Programs, and Primary Stroke Center. We are one of 10 HCA Midwest Health hospitals in Kansas City and surrounding areas
Research Psychiatric Center is a 95+ bed facility. We offer acute inpatient, day treatment, and community-based outpatient behavioral healthcare. We treat adolescents, adults, and senior adults for emotional disorders, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our professional staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and licensed professional counselors. We are committed to delivering our patients skilled compassionate care regardless of age or circumstance.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
\nHCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Behavioral Health RN Emergency Services Days opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.