Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Medical City Frisco have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Cardiovascular RN - EP Cath Lab PRN you can be a part of change.
Medical City Frisco, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) Cardiovascular RN - EP Cath Lab PRN. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Modify patient care within the scope of the RN Nurse Practice Act with emphasis on the patient receiving invasive, diagnostic and interventional procedures in the electrophysiology lab.Provider of Care:
- Determine the predictable or unpredictable health status and health needs of patients (individual and family) through interpretation of health data and preventive practice in collaboration with patients and interdisciplinary health care team members.
- Utilize a systematic approach to provide individualized, goal-directed nursing care.
- Perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient.
- Formulate a nursing care plan based on determination of nursing diagnoses and identified problems.
- Implement nursing care within the RN's scope of practice, including compliance with other laws that apply to the practice setting.
- Develop and implement teaching plans for patients concerning promotion, maintenance and restoration of health.
- Provide education, emotional support and age specific care to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others.
- Provide for the care of multiple patients (individual and family) either through direct care or assignment and/or delegation of care to other members of the healthcare team.
- Evaluate the patient's (individual and family) responses and outcomes to therapeutic interventions. Use critical thinking approach to analyze clinical data and current literature as a basis for decision making in nursing practice
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- PALS required within one year of hire
- Minimum of one-year experience in invasive cardiology within the last three years
- Three years of critical care experience
Medical City Frisco is a 98 bed acute care hospital. We are a Medical City Plano facility. We offer a range of services including adult and pediatric surgery and orthopedics. We offer robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery, imaging and emergency services. The specialists at our hospital are ready to care for women at every stage of life. We treat a range of conditions affecting women, including fertility problems and women's cancers. We offer luxury childbirth options and a Level II NICU. Medical City Frisco is a "green" facility. We are silver LEED certified for environmental and energy efficiency. Our facility is designed to provide a modern, beautiful, and exceptional healthcare experience. We are a part of the Medical City network of hospitals. Patients are ensured access to medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
\nHCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Cardiovascular RN - EP Cath Lab PRN opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.