The Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Pittsburgh, which is ranked number 1 in the US News and World Report, is currently recruiting two faculty members with a strong clinical background in physical therapy to support the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program. As a core faculty member, the candidate will be committed to excellence in teaching in the residential and hybrid options of the DPT program, scholarship, and service. The full-time 12-month position will be in the appointment stream at the rank of Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor.
The Department is housed in the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (SHRS), one of the six Schools of Health Sciences. We offer an entry-level Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree, and post-professional programs leading to a Master of Science in Physical Therapy, PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences, and dual DPT-PhD in Bioengineering degrees as well as post-graduate certificates. The DPT degree is delivered in residential and hybrid options. Responsibilities for Physical Therapy Faculty position include:
- Collaborating with the Vice Chair for DPT Education, Program Directors of DPT Education and DPT course instructors to ensure integration of concepts across clinical settings;
- Participating in instruction of DPT students in the residential and hybrid DPT options. It is expected that the individuals hired for this position will teach in the musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary, patient management, professional development and leadership and/or evidence-based practice course series commensurate with the clinical and/or administrative experience;
- Assisting with recruitment, selection and mentoring of adjunct faculty, instructors, and lab assistants for the courses in which the candidate is teaching;
- Contributing to ongoing curriculum planning, implementation, and evaluation;
- Participating in DPT student advisement;
- Engaging in scholarship related to area of expertise;
- Service on committees relevant to the teaching, research and service missions of the Department, School, and University.
The University is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their teaching, leadership, research, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. The applicant is expected to take full advantage of the Department's strong and long-standing partnership with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, which is a world-class academic medical center in Pittsburgh. The University of Pittsburgh provides extensive resources and opportunities for independent and multi-disciplinary collaborative funded research. In addition to effective teaching and productive scholarship, the applicant will provide service to the University, profession, and community. The ability to work in a collaborative team environment is critical to the success of this position. Rank and/or title; salary range or minimum:
Appointment at the rank of Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor. The academic rank and salary are competitive and will be commensurate with education, experience, and qualifications.Tenure/tenure-stream/non-tenure stream; full/part-time:
This is an appointment stream, full-time position.Proposed starting date:
March 1, 2024.Closing date for receipt of applications:
January 31, 2024 or until position is filled.Name, address, and telephone number of the person to contact:
Apply at University of Pittsburgh PT Faculty, requisition 23009196, where you will upload your cover letter, CV and three letters of recommendation. Additionally, send a cover letter including a statement of teaching and areas of interest in scholarly activities and service, a curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation to Bryan Albright, Administrator, Department of Physical Therapy, (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include the requisition number on all correspondence.
Requirements for the position
- Earned professional Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from a CAPTE accredited program;
- Licensed as physical therapist or eligible for licensure in Pennsylvania;
Preferred qualifications for the position
- Experience in teaching in a Doctor of Physical Therapy program;
- Experience in teaching in both residential and hybrid formats;
- ABPTS certification as a Clinical Specialist;
Doctorate in Physical TherapyPDN-9b14665d-7636-483a-84ba-603eed6b8573