Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Medical City Frisco which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Medical City Frisco, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Medical City Frisco!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Registered Staff Nurse is responsible for planning and providing individual goal directed nursing care that promotes, advocates for, and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family and community. The nurse possesses knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the particular skills necessary to provide optimum patient care to the population for which he or she is employed. The RN is accountable for their practice and care coordination. The RN is expected to practice autonomously utilizing evidence based practices. The practice of the Registered Nurse will support the mission, vision and values of Medical City Frisco - A Medical City Plano Facility and the philosophy of the Department of Nursing.
- Compliance with Excellence Always Standards.
- Maintains education and development appropriate for position.
- Performs position in line with Employee Satisfaction, Patient Satisfaction, Physician Satisfaction, Continuous Performance Improvement, and/or Community Involvement
- Adheres to established hospital and department guidelines and protocols. Supports hospital mission, vision, and values.
- Provides care in an evidenced-based environment.
- Practices autonomously, consistent with practice standards and research based policy/procedures.
- Exercises independent judgment within the context of interdisciplinary patient care.
- Provides care/treatment/services within the theoretical framework of synergy.
- Delegates tasks appropriate to meet the needs of the individual patient and to the skills of the employee supervised.
- Plans, implements, revises and delegates nursing care with patient safety as the primary goal.
- Performs necessary technical skills as delineated through education, expertise, and unit requirements.
- Incorporates teaching into all aspects of nursing practice.
- Documents pertinent data in a concise manner.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of professional practice by participating on unit and/or hospital committees, special projects and through attendance at staff meetings and town halls.
- Actively participates in unit and/or hospital performance improvement activities.
- Attends work as scheduled, on time, and prepared to perform job duties.
- Delivers patient care and/or department services in a safe, competent, and efficient manner as determined by outcomes, quality monitors, and other internal and external processes.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships and self conduct to contribute positively to the delivery of quality care and services, and to orderly operation of the department and the facility.
- Maintains and enhances skills through consultation with interdisciplinary team members, participation in planning activities, and attendance at in-service and continuing education programs.
- Completes mandatory education, including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS and OSHA standards (PPE, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard Communications, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety).
- Follows established guidelines for compliance with Infection Prevention and TJC Patient Safety Goals and Practices.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential and actual patient safety issues, medical errors or unanticipated outcomes.
- Uses Performance Improvement process to improve patient safety and patient outcomes.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Neonate Resuscitate
- TX RN License
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN/MSN preferred
- 1+ yr experience in area of specialty required
Medical City Frisco is a 60+ bed acute care hospital. We are a Medical City Plano facility. We offer a range of services including adult and pediatric surgery and orthopedics. We offer robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery, imaging and emergency services. The specialists at our hospital are ready to care for women at every stage of life. We treat a range of conditions affecting women, including fertility problems and women's cancers. We offer luxury childbirth options and a Level II NICU. Medical City Frisco is a "green" facility. We are silver LEED certified for environmental and energy efficiency. Our facility is designed to provide a modern, beautiful, and exceptional healthcare experience. We are a part of the Medical City network of hospitals. Patients are ensured access to medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
\nHCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Postpartum opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.