Position Details Get to Know Us!
Marshall University is a public comprehensive university with a rich history as one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in West Virginia. Founded in 1837 and named after Chief Justice John Marshall, definer of the Constitution, Marshall University advances the public good through innovative, accredited educational programs. We are located in downtown Huntington, West Virginia, with additional locations in South Charleston, Point Pleasant, Teays Valley and Beckley. Marshall University's mission, inspired by our Vision and Creed, includes a commitment to:
- Offer a wide range of high quality, affordable, and accessible undergraduate, graduate, and professional education that prepares students to think, learn, work, and live in an evolving global society.
- Create opportunities and experiences to foster understanding and appreciation of the rich diversity of thought and culture.
- Maintain a dynamic intellectual, artistic, and cultural life by promoting and supporting research and creative activities by undergraduates, graduates, and faculty.
- Contribute to the quality of life of the community, region, and beyond through applied research, economic development, health care, and cultural enrichment.
- Cultivate the development of an inclusive, just, and equitable community.
Come Meet Marshall and discover what it means to be part of the Marshall University family! Come join our Herd!
We are committed to attracting and retaining quality faculty and staff. In doing so, Marshall University offers outstanding benefit packages to eligible employees only. (E-Class in the job posting). Marshall University Research Corporation (MURC) employees have different benefit options than those listed below.
We are . . . Marshall!
- Work week is 37.5 hrs.
- A great highlight in December is that Marshall University employees receive almost two weeks off for Winter Break!
- Holidays - Employees receive 13 Paid Holidays
- Annual and Sick Leave - Classified Staff, Non-Classified Staff and 12-month Faculty earn up to 24 days of annual leave per year (max 360 hours) and up to 18 days of sick leave per year. ) Employee Leave
- Health Insurance - Marshall University offers health insurance through West Virginia Public Employees Insurance Agency (PEIA). There are seven (7) health benefit plans.
- Educational/Tuition Benefits - Marshall University provides tuition benefits to regular employees (after probationary period) and their dependent children.
- Retirement Plans - Marshall University offers retirement through Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association (TIAA). Full-time benefits eligible employees must participate in the mandated retirement plan (401(a)).
- Life Insurance - Basic term life insurance ($10,000) at no cost and may purchase optional life insurance coverage with pre-tax earnings.
- Wellness Programs - PEIA provides various care management programs and the Pathways to Wellness program.
Position Information Banner Position Number
Academic Lab Manager IClassification Title
Acad Lab Mgr IDepartment
Chemistry - MU2520Job Description
Coordinates activities in academic labs, provides support services to faculty. Implements policies, procedures, and standards for lab operations to ensure safety of students and equipment. Additional duties include maintenance of the Chemistry stockroom/College of Science chemical storage facility, maintaining and repairing instrumentation for the Department of Chemistry, and development and implementation of a Chemical Safety program for the SPS. Location
MU - Marshall UniversitySalary Range
$34,200 - $39,300 - Salary may be increased based off education, experience, and internal equity.Salary Grade
Must be able to perform all essential job duties as outlined in the job description.
Required Qualifications Education
Minimum of B.S. in Chemistry or closely related science. Experience
One year of experience in laboratory management with hazardous materials; excellent computer skills, knowledge of various computer software programs (eg. Microsoft Office).
Preferred Qualifications EducationExperience
Posting Detail Information Posting Number
01/11/2024Close DateOpen Until Filled
YesSpecial Instructions Summary