By joining our team, you'll be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision. You'll work in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and equity are championed through words and actions. You'll contribute to an innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces curiosity, discovery and compassion. You'll play a role in something that's never been done before as we integrate science and clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes - as we Advance Human Ability, together.
Job Description Summary
The Registered Nurse is responsible for performing individualized and age-specific nursing assessment of assigned patients using advanced assessment skills and other medical data to formulate nursing diagnoses. Develops individualized care plans and provides and coordinates comprehensive nursing care. Instructs patients and significant others in care provided, disease and/or illness, expected outcomes and home care.
The Registered Nurse consistently demonstrates support of the SRAlab statement of Mission and Philosophy by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Registered Nurse demonstrates SRAlab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and SRAlab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Registered Nurse will:
* Provide professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients, which includes performing specialized treatments, administering prescribed medications, and coordinating patient care with other departments.
* Collect pertinent physiological, psychosocial, and functional data to formulate nursing diagnosis using evidence-based techniques and instruments.
* Assist physician during examinations and treatments.
* Formulate nursing diagnoses by interpreting data from health team members and integrate into written assessments.
* Assess patients, identify changes in status, establish priorities for patient care, and identify crisis situations when needed.
* Implement interventions consistent with the established plan of care and interdisciplinary treatment plan, evaluate progress toward goal attainment, and modify the plan of care as indicated.
* Provide information to patient and significant others regarding care during hospitalization, expected outcomes, home care instructions, and referrals to appropriate health agencies and resources.
* Prepare and provide reports on patient care plans to health team members, which includes completing assignment sheets, providing explanation of patient care plans, and completing documentation.
* Collect and report pertinent physiological, psychological, and functional data based on patient plan of care or patient need.
* Review, evaluate and make recommendations regarding SRAlab policies and procedures related to patient care to ensure comprehensive patient care.
* Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of SHIRLEY RYAN ABILITYLAB.
* Reports directly to the Nurse Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
* Professional knowledge of practice acquired by obtaining a Bachelor/Master of Science in Nursing from an accredited program or accredited Associate Degree in Nursing (with commitment to complete BSN/MSN within 2 years).
* Illinois license to practice as a registered nurse.
* CPR certification.
* Understanding of the growth and development of infant, child, adolescent, young adult, middle-aged adult and geriatric patients.
* Demonstrate the ability to interpret growth and development related information to assure patient needs are met.
* Ability to communicate effectively using timely verbal, non-verbal and written communication.
* Ability to take ownership for serving the customer, team and organization, for achieving goals and for resolving problems.
* Willingness to adapt to changing work demands and work environment.
* Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to make sound judgments to monitor and respond to patient needs or changes in condition.
* Ability to anticipate, assess and address the needs of patients
* Ability to transfer and position patients, consistent with lifting up to 35 lbs.
* Normal patient care environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
* Exposure to moderately adverse working conditions in performing certain patient care activities.
* Occasional exposure to infectious diseases when working with patients.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Employment Opportunity
ShirleyRyan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.