Adjunct instructors instruct students, participate in appropriate curricular and co-curricular assignments and functions, and perform the necessary administrative obligations.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
* Plans and teaches classes in assigned course.
* Prepares syllabi, instruction materials, coordinates lectures, tests, and evaluates.
* Maintains highest possible standards of classroom instruction.
* Keeps abreast of new information and developments in field of instruction.
* Actively serves on university committees.
* Actively participates in institutional meetings.
* Maintains professional skills through regular professional development, and other activities appropriate to higher education faculty.
* Assists with the development of curriculum.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Additional Job Description
* Master's Degree in related field from a regionally accredited institution. The MS Degree must include 18 graduate credit hours within the sub-discipline associated with the course(s) to be taught.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
All employees are expected to:
* Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
* Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
* Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
* Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
* Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
* Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students and the community in a service-oriented environment.
* Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
* Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.