Dean, College of BusinessPosition Type:
Dean of Business Job Summary/Basic Function:About the Role:
Lamar University (LU) welcomes applications for the position of Dean of the College of Business.Applications, nominations, and inquiries are invited at BusinessDeanSearch@lamar.edu
. Complete applications will include (as separate documents) a letter of application / interest, a curriculum vita, the names and contact information for five professional references, a statement describing the candidate's leadership style with examples of no more than three successful projects completed under his/her leadership, and unofficial copies of the terminal degree transcript. For fullest consideration, candidate materials should be received by March 1, 2024.What You'll Do - Position Duties:
Successful experience with external fundraising, and serve as the chief academic officer of the College of Business and provide leadership in the following areas:
Who We Are:
- Ability to articulate the long-range vision for the College and to develop, implement, and manage administrative and fiscal plans to ensure future success.
- The recruitment, development, and retention of exceptional faculty and staff;
- The review and management of a College of Business curriculum that is timely, innovative, entrepreneurial, and future-focused;
- All areas of the College budget, consistent with the University's financial guidelines;
- Development of partnerships within and outside of the University;
One of 38 public universities in Texas and a member of the Texas State University System, LU is located in Beaumont, Texas and only one hour east of Houston and within four hours of Austin, Texas and New Orleans, Louisiana. With an overall enrollment of greater than 17,500 students in fall 2023, LU ranks among the fastest-growing universities in Texas. Lamar students select from nearly 100 majors and degree programs at the baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral levels that are located within five colleges: Arts & Sciences, Business, Education & Human Development, Engineering, and Fine Arts & Communications, in addition to both the Wayne A. Reaud Honors College and College of Graduate Studies.
The Lamar University College of Business is AACSB-accredited and is actively engaged in both campus-based and online programs. The College is home to the Gill Endowed Chair of Entrepreneurship, demonstrating the entrepreneurial threads woven across its academic programs. It has also developed strengths in data analytics that thrive at the baccalaureate and graduate levels.
Lamar University seeks a dean with a strong record of senior leadership and administrative experience. The successful candidate should have demonstrated success in recruiting and retaining an exceptional faculty, promoting research and scholarship of the highest quality, and developing a culture of service within the College. S/he should have exceptional communication skills and possess a terminal degree and credentials suitable for the rank of professor with tenure within the College.
Questions regarding this nominations, inquiries, and applications can be directed to BusinessDeanSearch@lamar.eduBenefits:
- Health, dental & vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- State of Texas Retirement plans.
- Tuition covered at 100% for employees, spouses and/or eligible dependent.
- Paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays.
To see more information about the available benefits, please visit: Insurance - Lamar UniversityMinimum Qualifications:
- A terminal degree in Business or associated area within the College.
- Credentials appropriate to the rank of full professor with tenure;
- No fewer than five years experience as a dean, associate/assistant dean, or department chair, including supervisory, budget, and curriculum responsibilities; and
- Experience with AACSB accreditation.
Lamar University is An Equal Opportunity EmployerVeteran's Preference Statement:
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications:
Security Sensitive Statement:
- Five years' experience as a dean or associate / assistant dean, or department chair.
- Experience with the management of both campus-based and online educational programs and international education experiences; and
- Successful experience with external fundraising.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary:
05/07/2024Open Until Filled: