R&D Lab Chemist This role is located in Michiana, IN area. Want to be a part of a family-oriented company who cares about business and people success? Enjoy collaborating and working on solutions to continual meet and exceed customer expectations? Then, we have an Excellent Opportunity for You! What We Offer:
What You'll Do:
- Collaborative, team-focused work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive pay!
- Best practice PTO
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive Benefit Programs
- Excellent 401k with Employer Match up!
- Open communication, recognition programs, and bonuses for a "Job Well Done"
- And much more to motivated, hard-working individuals who want to make a real difference within their team, community and role!
As the R&D Lab Chemist, you will provide technical support to the Sales Team, Batching Department and customers by assisting in the quotation of new projects, conducting laboratory batches for testing and R&D purposes and managing product specifications to ensure the stability and integrity of our products. Your Top Accountabilities In The Role:
- Provides technical support and serves as the primary point of contact for technical inquiries from the sales team and customers ensuring accurate and timely responses.
- Collaborates with Purchasing and Sales to understand the needs of the departments and customer projects, facilitates the quoting process for new projects and provides information on chemical availability, compatibility and safety considerations.
- Develops and/or prepares personal/beauty care, air care, pet care, household cleaning, or automotive care products to ensure customer needs are met.
- Conducts lab-scale batches for product testing, customer evaluation and R&D initiatives to ensure stability and integrity goals are met.
- Formalizes product specifications upon customer approval and integrates them into the company's data management systems ensuring proper documentation.
- Maintains laboratory notebooks to ensure all critical processing details and observations are included.
- Conducts, interprets, records and reports stability and performance studies, and any other quality control measures needed to guarantee products are consistent and in compliance with industry standards.
- Maintains active participation in regular department meetings and manages email communications to ensure effective internal communications.
- Maintains and updates all documentation and spreadsheets to ensure information is organized and readily available.
- Provides technical support to the batching department as needed to aid in troubleshooting and optimization of production processes.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related science field preferred; will consider a combination of course work and experience.
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in chemical R&D and lab work. Solid foundation in chemical properties, laboratory safety protocols, and quality control measures is required. Familiarity with viscometers, pH meters, mixers, hotplates, ovens and other R&D lab equipment needed.
- Certifications: N/a
- Functional Skills: Solid planning, prioritization, organization, and execution skills required. Solid data analysis and management skills; strong attention to detail, follow through and problem-solving skills with the ability to adapt to changing project requirements. Ability to understand processing procedures, fill weights, formula cost implications, and ingredient lists to be well rounded in formulation skills. Technical knowledge of chemicals and their functionality needed to develop and prepare formulas and products. Up to date with industry and consumer trends; strong ability to research with a working knowledge of the global regulatory requirements.
- Technology Skills: Solid PC skills and experience with MS365.
- Language Skills: Strong verbal and written skillset, with the ability to present information.
- Leadership/Behaviors: Relational, collaborative and customer focused with the ability to work independently; is self-motivated and high in integrity, who can work well within a broad set of guidelines. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Culture Match: Collaborative, family-oriented culture, with a team that believes strongly in work ethic and continuous improvement.
If this sounds like you, then you will enjoy this role! Other Important Information: Position Status & Salary
: Salaried position based on experience. And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!Reports To: PresidentCore Hours: Monday - Friday typically; 40 - 43 hours on average.Typical Work Week: 8:00 - 5:00 pm typically; hours may vary slightly to meet the needs of 1st/2nd Shift. Work Conditions: Office/Manufacturing/Lab Environment