Deputy Head of Faculty, Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Lead, develop and drive outstanding and innovative research through partnerships
- Grow new and deepen existing relationships that embrace change
- Deliver impact in learning and teaching to support students' future careers
DELIVER REAL IMPACT IN LEADING THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH FACULTY OF ITS KIND IN AUSTRALIA
The University of Newcastle seeks an outstanding strategic leader and thinker. Aligned with one of Australia's strongest education brands and reporting directly to the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Faculty of Health and Medicine, this is an intellectually challenging and pivotal leadership role, in which you will:
- Lead, develop and drive outstanding and innovative research through University partnerships with health services and industry
- Grow new and deepen existing relationships to promote a culture that embraces change and entrepreneurial activity, internally and externally, and
- Deliver impact in learning and teaching to support students' future careers in delivery of health services and patient care
You will bring high-level knowledge and understanding of University governance and management in Australia, whilst having lead significant and impactful research programs. With a passionate focus on delivering innovative teaching and learning programs utilising or piloting the most recent educational technologies and learning platforms, you will take pride in your focus on student engagement and positive experience, particularly in clinical education and work-integrated learning. Experience in designing and collaborating with international institutions to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate programs would be highly regarded.
Having managed meaningful engagement and University partnerships with Government and industry, you will have secured significant research funding, and this will be demonstrated by your deep and measurable academic track record.
You will have nurtured inter-disciplinary relationships within your professional network, as well as collaborated and shared knowledge with stakeholders at all levels. Outstanding leadership, interpersonal communication, and negotiation skills are essential in this senior role. You will bring people on board through your enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join the University of Newcastle and support its vision to stand as a global leader, creating a better future for Australia through innovation, impact and a commitment to excellence and equity. We encourage applications from suitable Australian academic leaders currently working overseas and looking to return to Australia.
Applications close on Sunday, 22 July 2018
Derwent Executive has been appointed to undertake an executive search on behalf of the University of Newcastle. For a confidential conversation about this Level E position, please contact Sarah Beresford on +61 2 9091 3263 or Rob Macmillan on +61 2 9223 1855 quoting job reference 23782. To request an Executive Brief, please email Sophie Malone, Research Manager, on email@example.com
Contact Details:Sarah Beresford
Profession: EDUCATION > Edu - Education
Company: Derwent Executive
Date Posted: 25/06/2018 2:35:00 PM
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Nursing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- School Nursing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia