Senior Postdoctoral Researcher: Cardiovascular Surgery
The biomedical research institute, IMIBIC, located in Cordoba, southern Spain, is a partnership between the University of Cordoba (UCO) and the Reina Sofia University Hospital. IMIBIC offers a multidisciplinary environment focused on results-oriented research and based on precision medicine and excellence in science. IMIBIC is accredited with the Excellence distinction from the Spanish National Institute of Health Carlos III, and has received the HR Excellence in Research award of the European Commission (HRS4R).
The Institute is structured in research groups that cooperate in the implementation of various scientific programmes. Our main goal is to promote biomedical innovation as a powerful engine for economic and social development. IMIBIC offers an active environment in which to conduct high-level scientific research, and strengthen the skills and knowledge of young scientists by bringing together experimental basic and medical sciences. Regular seminars and research events offer the opportunity to meet with national and international experts covering a diverse range of topics in biomedicine.
IMIBIC is young and fast growing research centre. It operates in a brand new building located within the UCO Health Sciences Campus and next to the University Hospital. It hosts a wide variety of core facilities for over 600 researchers, including the Biomedical Research Support Units with the latest technology equipment and laboratories to support the technical needs of the research community, as well as a Clinical Research Unit to support clinical trial research.
Cordoba is a medium sized city located in the hearth of Andalusia, with excellent transport connections to the main cities of Spain and both to the Mediterranean and Atlantic coasts. Rich in history and culture, Cordoba is a friendly and welcoming city with high standard of living, making it an ideal location for investigators wishing to carry out their research in Spain.
Aim of the call
The Maimonides Biomedical Research Institute of Cordoba (IMIBIC) is seeking to develop proposals with experienced researchers for submission under the Nicolas Monardes programme: http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/fundacionprogresoysalud/gestionconvocatorias/info/info.convocatorias.sas.2018.jsp?id=50
IMPORTANT: Applicants should check their CV against the eligibility conditions of Nicolas Monardes programme (see section below).
Brief description of the Research Group
Cardiovascular Pathology (GA09)
The group “Cardiovascular Pathology” is made up of professionals from different levels and specialties (graduates and doctors in medicine, nurses, engineers, biologists and research managers) for the realization of basic biomedical research, clinical research and development of technology, in the field of cardiovascular diseases.
The research activities are formally associated with the clinical and teaching activities of the Clinical Management Unit of Cardiovascular Surgery of the Reina Sofia University Hospital, which provides clinical support to research projects carried out at IMIBIC.
Our objectives are to carry out and manage high level research projects and clinical trials, funded by national and international agencies, and collaborate with private companies to conduct pre-commercial clinical trials or projects to develop new biomedical technologies in the field of cardiovascular diseases.
As a result of our basic and clinical research activities and teaching, numerous scientific articles in high-impact journals are published every year, and doctoral theses awarded. Furthermore, we collaborate in patents for new products or utility models, as well as in projects focusing on initial development of novel biomedical technologies.
The project will be developed at the biomedical research institute IMIBIC, located in Cordoba, southern Spain, a partnership between the University of Cordoba and the Reina Sofia University Hospital. IMIBIC offers a multidisciplinary environment focused on results-oriented research and based on precision medicine and excellence in science, and is accredited with the Excellence distinction from the Spanish National Institute of Health Carlos III.
The candidate must fulfil the eligibility conditions of Nicolas Monardes programme:
- Postdoctoral researcher: more than 8 years’ experience in biomedical or health sciences.
- Experience as head of research group in hospital/research centres in the area of biomedicine or health sciences.
- Active in at least one of the research lines of the group: https://www.imibic.org/grupo/23
- Outstanding research track record. Minimum achievements:
- Fund raising (last 5 years), certify one the following criteria:
- Accredit the following three achievements: At least 1 active project during 4 of the last 5 years; Receive funds as Principal Investigator (PI) from national and international sources in excess of 70,000 EUR; PI in two or more projects.
- Accredit international competitive funding as PI / CoPI / lead of Work package or equivalent in excess of 70,000 EUR, during at least 3 years in the period.
- Accredit total funding as PI / CoPI in excess of 300,000 EUR during at least 3 years in the period.
- Publications (last 5 years), certify the following two criteria:
- At least 2 publications* indexed in JCR, in journals of the top 10% of the area, and 1 of them at least as lead author (first, last or corresponding).
- At least 4 publications* indexed in JCR, in journals in the top 25% of the area, and 3 of the at least as lead author (first, last or corresponding).
Clinical applicability, certify at least one of the following criteria:
- Clinical research projects: at least 1 active project in the las 5 years.
- Clinical trials (non-commercial, of phase I): at least 1
- Published clinical practice guidelines, systematic reviews, or economic evaluation studies: at least 1
*Publications: excluding submitted papers, congress abstracts, case reports, letters to the editor, editorial material, book chapters, and group sign/consortium.
The process consists of an analysis, evaluation and ranking of all CVs received. Following the evaluation, the highest ranked applicants may be called for a personal interview in order to evaluate more precisely the skills of the candidate.
Warning: Application emails that do not include reference will not be considered.
For more information about the Nicolas Monardes programme, see: http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/fundacionprogresoysalud/gestionconvocatorias/info/info.convocatorias.sas.2018.jsp?id=50 or contact Miriam Cruzado: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain