Assistant Director, Threat Detection, Investigations and Liaison (post level 7)
Duties and responsibilities:
Develop early warning systems to detect security threats facing the University and advise management accordingly.
Establish and maintain relationships with external stakeholders such as SAPS, State Security Agency, Community Police Forums and Sector Policing and other related stakeholders.
Represent the University at all the external and internal meetings dealing with safety and security.
Develop and implement crime reduction strategies in liaison with both internal and external stakeholders.
Manage Investigation Section of Protection Services Department to ensure timely finalisation of reported cases.
Coordinate security awareness capacity building programmes for both staff and students at all the three campuses of the University.
Ensure that crime statistics are readily available for presentation to the relevant stakeholders.
Ensure that security vulnerability assessments are conducted and mitigation plans are developed and presented to relevant stakeholders.
- National Diploma / B. Tech degree in Policing, Criminology and or Security Management
- Valid Grade A, PSIRA registration or willingness to obtain within six (6) months of appointment.
- Four (4) to five (5) years’ relevant experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of State Intelligence operational environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain networks.
- Knowledge of overt and covert crime prevention operations.
- Understanding of the South African criminal justice.
- Knowledge of investigative tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of technical security measures.
- Knowledge in conducting security risk assessments and audits.
- Computer literacy.
- Willingness to work long hours especially during crises, and to be on standby for emergencies taking place on campus.
- Business acumen.
- Results oriented.
- Strategic thinking.
- Building coalition.
- A full understanding and experience in crime intelligence and analysis.
- A relevant postgraduate qualification.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9161 / 3687/ 9962/ 9130.