Senior Assistant/Associate, Centre for Early Childhood Development
The Aga Khan University has established a unique, state-of-the-art Centre for Early Child Development (CECD) to provide childcare services for faculty and staff working at the University. Recognizing that young children’s early experiences and environment lay the foundation for their future health, success and well-being, the CECD offers a programme and services to meet the physical, social, emotional and cognitive developmental needs of children between the ages of three months to three years. The Centre also contributes to the University’s academic objectives related to Early Child Development.
The responsibilities include;
- Work with the Centre Manager in planning, implementation, and evaluation of a developmentally appropriate and educationally enriching early childhood classroom programme.
- Support and promote each child’s physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and language development.
- Assist with the admission process for children and updating of children’s records.
- Fulfil the basic health and nutrition requirements of children.
- Communicate regularly with parents, encourage and support parent involvement in all aspects of the programme.
- Ensure the safety, orderliness, sanitation, and cleanliness of the premises and facilities.
- Maintain accurate records on children’s development, immunization and general health, etc and prepare periodic reports.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree with additional qualifications in ECD, such as an Advanced Diploma in Human Development, Montessori diploma, certificate in ECED from the AKU-Institute for Educational Development or Aga Khan Education Service.
- At least two to five years’ experience working with young children in a school, day care centre or similar environment.
- Knowledge of current educational techniques and developmentally appropriate practices relating to early childhood development.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Skill in effectively communicating in both verbal and written form with pre-school age children and their parents.
- Skill in resolving conflicts between pre-school age children.
- Ability to work effectively with inpiduals of perse educational, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds, and those with special needs.
- Compassionate, caring and positive attitude with honesty and integrity.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Education Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Nursing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Law Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan