Control Technician - Dept. Animal, Wildlife and Grassland Sciences
Department Animal, Wildlife and Grassland Sciences
Control Technician (post level 11)
Job ID: 2428
Duties and responsibilities:
- Diploma or degree in Agriculture.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ relevant working experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Technical background/knowledge and ability to solve problems in a practical manner.
- Technical skills.
- Inherent knowledge of farm animals.
- Knowledge in management of rumen and esophagus fistulae animals.
- Knowledge in management of an in-vitro animal nutrition laboratory.
- Business Acumen.
- Results Orientated.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Building Coalitions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and, the ability to function well in the university’s richly diverse working environment.
Assumption of duties:
1 October 2018 or as soon as possible
17 August 2018
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 2808/ 9962/2010.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.