Medical Receptionist, Clinical Laboratory Karachi
Location Karachi, Pakistan
The Aga Khan University invites applications for the position of Medical Receptionist, Clinical Laboratory
You will be responsible to:
- Check and process prescribed laboratory tests by the doctors.
- Brief the patients about laboratory test and procedures
- Hand over laboratory tests reports to the concerned inpiduals
- Handle cash and credit transactions and maintain records of the excess/shortage of cash according to the laboratory policy on a daily basis
- Check and confirm test requirements with the patients and provide necessary verbal / written instructions so that the specimens are collected as per requirement(s)
- Entertain telephone enquiries regarding laboratory tests and take patient’s appointments for special test
- Work as a Phlebotomist as and when required; hence function as dual worker at the collection points.
You should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience as a Phlebotomist for 1 year or more
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to work at different phlebotomy centres across Karachi
- Flexibility for performing shift duties
- Computer proficiency
- nowledge of laboratory tests and procedures.