PhD Fellowship in Neurosciences
Location: Albert Einstein Avenue, 627, Block A2, subsoil - Institute of Education and Research, São Paulo
E-mail for registrations: email@example.com
We are looking for highly motivated candidates with an excellent academic background to perform a probationary course for the admission to the Stricto Sensu Doctorate (CAPES) of the Academic Program in Health Sciences of the Brazilian Jewish Beneficent Society Albert Einstein Hospital after approval in the selection process that will be given at the end of 2019.
The candidate will work alongside the group of Movement Disorders in the line of research of parkinsonian syndromes, developing the model of induced pluripotent stem cells and differentiation in neuronal lineages.
The source of funding during the probationary period will be the Brazilian Israeli Beneficent Society Albert Einstein via ProUNIEMP Institute and, if the student is approved in the selection process for the doctorate, there is the possibility of a CAPES scholarship by the postgraduate program or development agency.
- Have completed the master's degree for less than three years, in the areas of biology, biochemistry, neurosciences, pharmacy or related areas;
- Candidates for direct doctorates can be evaluated, provided they have at least two indexed publications;
- Excellent academic and academic background, with scientific productivity compatible with your career stage (presentation of papers in scientific events, publications, extension courses, etc.);
- Fluent Portuguese and English (reading, speaking and writing) and good writing skills;
- Availability to work on an exclusive dedication;
- High motivation, ability to solve problems, organization, discipline and ability to work in teams dynamically;
- Prior experience in the laboratory is mandatory; experience with cell culture and neuroscience is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you meet the above requirements, send an email to Dr. Patricia Aguiar (firstname.lastname@example.org), place "vacancy for doctorate" in the subject field, and attach the following documents:
- Link to updated CV lattes;
- Simple copy of the master's degree;
- Simple copy of the master's academic record;
- A letter of at most one page describing briefly your research experience, laboratory techniques you master and what your motivation to apply for this vacancy;
- Name and contact (email and telephone) of an academic reference, preferably the supervisor of your master's degree
This position will be open until January 31, 2019 or until the vacancy is filled.