Associate Professor / Professor: Meat Science / Medeprofesoraat/Professoraat: Vleiskunde
The Department of Animal Sciences, Stellenbosch University is looking for a suitably qualified senior meat scientist to take over the running of the DST SARChI Chair in Meat Science. This contract funded Chair has a research program in both the animal and food science disciplines, with a large number of postgraduate students located in the Food Science department. The research focus is on a "stable to table" approach with a focus on value-adding of meat products using exotic animals as model. Potential candidates are encouraged to visit the SARChI Chair website (www0.sun.ac.za/sarchi) to gain insight into the present research activities. The contract period is linked to the Sarchi Funding period which has an additional four four years in the second cycle and could be renewed for a further five-year period based on performance. The successful applicant will have a proven record of postgraduate student supervision, proof of the ability to do research in the meat science discipline with a focus on meat processing and have proof of competency of sourcing of external funds. As this is a senior professor position, candidates are expected to have an international profile as pertaining to research outputs as well as a strong network of collaborators.
- Postgraduate supervision;
- Securing of research funding;
- Enhancing the profile of the Research Chair in Meat Science;
- Publish research results in high impact peer reviewed journals;
- Recruitment of and supervision of postgraduate students and postdoctoral fellows;
- Participation in academically relevant departmental and faculty activities.
- Relevant PhD degree;
- Proof of research in processing of meat;
- Evidence of national and international recognition of research expertise;
- Evidence of sustained research publications in high-impact international journals that spans several years;
- Proven record of successful grant applications;
- Proof of successful postgraduate teaching and supervision;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Enjoys recognition as a scholar in the broader science community;
- A reputation for leadership within their organisation.
Candidates will be expected to present a brief document on how they envisage the continuation of the present SARChI's research focus so as to ensure relevance and secure the future of the Chair.
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online by using the "Apply Now" link.
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Enquiries regarding job content: Ms Sherrill February on 021 808 2602, or on email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Agriculture, Aquaculture and Food Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Veterinary Medicine Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa