Sessional Psychologist - Department of Student Affairs
The incumbent will be responsible for rendering clinical/counselling psychology services to student/young adults to ensure academic success and emotional wellness, the development and identification of training and guidance programmes to enhance the academic success of students/young adults, as well as data analysis as part of the research process.
The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- Psychotherapeutic clinical/counselling services to students/young adults to ensure academic and emotional wellness
- Group work sessions as part of the co-curricular programme for students/young adults
- Development of training and therapeutic programmes in view of the identified needs of students/young adults
- Render a 24 hour crisis line service on rotation
- Data analysing as part of the research process.
- MA or MSc degree in Clinical Psychology
- Proven experience with students/young adults
- At least three years' proven experience as registered psychologist, including internship year
- Registration as Clinical Psychologist with HPCSA.
Required competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behavioural Attributes)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Efficient administration skills
- Appropriate and excellent language and communication skills
- Computer skills (MS word, Excel, PowerPoint and email)
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Good judgement in terms of managing mental health care
- Planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Professionalism, confidentiality and sensitivity towards the diversity of students within the context of the University of Pretoria's academic goals.
Added advantages and preferences:
- PHD in Clinical Psychology
- Proven experience as Clinical Psychology at a tertiary institution
- Accredited test user in diagnostic instruments
- Two years' experience supervising other psychologists
- Formal training in evidence based short term psychotherapy interventions.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent's level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. In applying for this post, please attach:, A comprehensive CV;, Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
Closing Date: 22 November 2018, No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Enquiries: Dr L Blokland, Tel: (012) 420 2333
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 January 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups. All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials. The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.