Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor - Nursing and Midwifery
The Aga Khan University School of Nursing and Midwifery (SONAM) in Kenya and East Africa is a vibrant academic community dedicated to the provision of transformational learning, teaching and research that makes a leading contribution to improving the health and well-being of communities.
SONAM is seeking the best qualified and experienced faculty for long-term career development support within a high quality academic context with:
1. Protected time for research
2. Supported PhD funding
3. Facilitated international academic networks and collaborations
The above provisions granted in line with existing Institutional guidelines and procedures.
Positions available are for lecturer, senior lecturer and associate professor with specialties in:
• Critical Care/Emergency
Applicants must have credentials commensurate with appointment at the level of lecturer with a strong academic research background and demonstrated experience in teaching, learning and communicating. Registration or eligibility for registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK) is essential.
CUE requirements for university academic faculty are detailed in the University Standards and Guidelines 2014 http://www.cue.or.ke/
Qualifications & Experience
• PhD or equivalent degree qualification (or a Master's degree qualification in special cases) in the relevant area from a recognized/accredited university
• At least four (4) years teaching experience at university level
• Four equivalent publication points
• Registered or eligibility for registration by the relevant professional body
• Must meet the CUE appointment requirements for lecturer or above