Senior Lecturer - Department of Marketing Management
FACULTY OF ECONOMIC AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF MARKETING MANAGEMENT
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Lecturing at postgraduate level;
- Supervising postgraduate students;
- Conducting scientific research and publishing in the field of Tourism;
- Liaising with students, parents and other stakeholders;
- Managing academic departmental events and supervising tutors.
- A Doctorate relevant to the field of Tourism Management;
- Experience in the guidance of student research at postgraduate level;
- Publications within the broader scope of Sustainable/Responsible Tourism Management;
- Lecturing experience at a tertiary level.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language proficiency and communication skills;
- Computer literacy.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Publication/s in peer-reviewed journals;
- Lecturing experience at postgraduate level;
- A record of successful supervision of students at postgraduate level; and/or
- Evidence of collaboration in the tourism industry.
PLEASE NOTE: Shortlisted applicants can be required to do a 10-minute presentation to the selection committee of the Department prior to formal interviews.
Applicants are requested to apply online via the apply online button below and and follow the link: Careers@UP.
CLOSING DATE: 28 February 2019
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Ziyanda Mashalaba, Tel: (012) 420 2655
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.