Lecturer - Department of Accounting (Mamelodi Campus)
FACULTY OF ECONOMIC AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING (MAMELODI CAMPUS)
LECTURER (FOUR-YEAR CONTRACT APPOINTMENT)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Lecturing in Accounting at undergraduate level at the Mamelodi campus of the University of Pretoria;
- Academic administration and management;
- Studying towards a further postgraduate qualification;
- Scientific research and publications in accredited academic journals.
- CA(SA) qualification; OR
- A relevant Master's degree.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to effectively function in a group.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Lecturing experience;
- Experience in the facilitation and management of large student groups;
- Experience in blended learning practices;
- The potential to develop into a scholar in the discipline;
- Involvement in professional activities where applicable.
PLEASE NOTE: Shortlisted applicants will be required to do a 10 minutes presentation on a given topic as part of the selection process.
Applicants are requested to apply via the apply online button below and follow the link: Careers@UP.
CLOSING DATE: 31 January 2019
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Mary-Jane Ndlovu, Tel: (012) 420 4977
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.