Regional Training Hub Director, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- (Level B) $96,135 - $113,788 or (Level C) $117,310 - $134,966 per annum plus an employer contribution of 9.5% superannuation will apply
- Fixed term position at 0.5 FTE available immediately until 31 December 2020
- Exciting opportunity to contribute to the development and expansion of the Regional Training Hub based in Whyalla
- Current unrestricted medical registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Current clinical credentialing and regular involvement in acute and after hours emergency roster
- A PhD equivalent qualification in Medicine (FRACGP/ACRRM)
- Demonstrated experience in medical education or equivalent experience in rural practice teaching
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical teaching and be committed to an excellence in teaching
- Demonstrated knowledge of the political, workforce, educational and research issues surrounding rural practice and the issues affecting the training and retention of rural general practitioners
- Very high level interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to professional activity
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP) or Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACRRM) or Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
- A record of demonstrable research related to rural health and medical education
- Ability to supervise HDR students
- Clinical experience working and living in rural Australia
Regional Training Hubs are implemented through the Rural Health Multidisciplinary Training (RHMT) Program, which is a long standing Australian Government initiative which funds the delivery of rural clinical training to medical, nursing, midwifery and allied health students. It supports a network of rural clinical schools, university departments of rural health and dental faculties supporting extended rural placements.
A Clinical Loading ($31,421) per annum (full time equivalent) will also be applied to this position.
To be successful you will need:
Essential Criteria - Level B
In addition to the above, for Level C applicants you will also have:
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. And our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. And our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences contains one of Australia's largest concentrations of leading health researchers, teachers and clinical titleholders. It's comprised of five schools and a number of specialist disciplines, institutes and centres, variously focused on world-class research, and training the next generation of: medical doctors; surgeons; dentists; nurses; psychiatrists; psychologists; and other health professionals.
Learn more at: health.adelaide.edu.au
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Applications close 11.55pm (ACST), 6 February 2019.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Associate Professor David Mills
Director, Adelaide Rural Clinical School
For application related queries, contact:
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences HR
You'll find a full position description and/or selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.