Customs & Compliance Manager - BAFA
My client, a leading chemical and carbon company is currently looking for an experienced Export Compliance Manager to join their growing team in Germany. Since recent acquisition by a new chemical player, my client has been growing through exceptional growth and looking for motivated individuals to join them for a new challenge. With over 800 employees world wide and 25 production sites, you will be the link between production, legal and sales team, ensuring that all exports from across the world are in line with the local legislation.
This position is great for someone who is looking for a new challenge in the industry, as with this position you will be given autonomy to be in charge of most projects whilst working closely with the current Manager to improve the department. You key responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of appropriate process instructions and standard operation procedures in the company.
- Request, and monitoring of existing and new permits and notifications to BAFA and Customs. Doing all necessary tasks and requirements not only in cooperation with authorities (BAFA, customs, etc.), but also other institutions related to, such as banks, freight forwarders, associations etc.
- Examination, rejection (where necessary) or approval according to export control examination as well as examination and approval in the framework of the GTS.
- Monitoring: Ensure that the process, information and control requirements (installation of an Internal Compliance Program „ICP") are complied with and that all relevant expertise and experience is made available to the company, both in all departments and across departments, considering possible links of conflicts of interest.
- Monitoring the outsourced import (SIS logistics).
- Provide specialized internal expertise and consult with external experts for exceptional cases.
- Regular monthly reports to the export control relevant.
- Developing two additional information services for all colleagues of sales, SCM and OM: monthly or quarterly status report concerning embargoes and sanctions etc and a review about clients on demand (new point)
To be successful candidate must have:
- 3 years experience working in export control or legal department
- Relevant University experience in legal or similar
- Fluent in English and German
If you are interested and want more information, then please visit our website on NonStop Recruitment Chemical - and you can reach me on via our German telephone number and my direct ext is 7149