Financial Officer - Department of Facilities Management
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- The timely and accurate processing of financial transactions for the Department;
- Supporting the Faculty Accountant in achieving all financial service targets;
- Supporting the Department with project, purchasing and debtor management;
- Identifying and reporting risk areas in the Department;
- Providing professional and accurate financial services to clients (internal and external).
- BCom-degree with Accounting III;
- Five years' financial accounting experience in accounts payable.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good knowledge of VAT;
- Knowledge of the construction environment and facilities management;
- Analytical, accurate and detail orientated;
- Good people relations;
- Computer literacy including Mainframe, MS Office and Gmail;
- Effective communication skills;
- Time management and prioritisation skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- BCom-degree with Internal Audit;
- One year of financial experience in a Building Environment: Tenders, JBCC contracts, retention payments, project reports, etc.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent's level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
CLOSING DATE: 13 February 2019
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Darcel du Preez, Tel: (012) 420 6817
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 April 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.