- Serve as liaison to link potential funders with students.
- Arrange regular meetings between funders and students.
- Identify and disseminate funding source information, including from external sources.
- Advertise all scholarships in time for students.
- Provide reports to funding agencies.
- Report on progress of candidates who received funding.
- Check for the completion of all bursary documents.
- Administer National Research Foundation (NRF) and Mandela Rhodes Foundation Honours bursary documents by drafting guidelines and application forms; as well as shortlisting of candidates and awarding of bursaries.
- Update the funding brochure and post it onto the university website.
- Provide technical assistance with the submission of applications.
- Collaborate with the Director to develop a strategic postgraduate funding plan.
- Submit funding proposals to the Directorate.
- Administer and manage Honours, Masters and PhD UFS bursaries in consultation with the Director.
- Handle student financial queries.
- Provide advice and information on the diverse funding opportunities available to postgraduate students.
- Monitor the awarding of all bursary allocations.
- Ensure that funds are paid into students account via PeopleSoft.
- Seek funding (3rd stream income) for UFS postgraduate students.
- Assist students with funding applications (both internal and external).
- Honours degree in Accountancy/Business Management/Economics/Financial Management.
- Three (3) years' relevant experience related to the duties and responsibilities as set out above.
- Experience in collaborating with the National Research Foundation (NRF).
- Experience in the sourcing of funding for bursaries.
- Familiar with the facilitation of funding applications.
- Business Acumen.
- Results Orientated.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Building Coalitions.
- Work experience in higher education setting.
- Four (4) years' work experience.
- PeopleSoft experience.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
15 February 2019
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9161/3934/3106/3687/3592.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.