Young Investigator Fellowship in Aquatic Ecology
The Project will be funded by São Paulo Research Foundation - FAPESP (www.fapesp.br/en), through its Young Investigator Award Program (http://fapesp.br/en/4479). The award will be provided as a Research Grant with the maximum duration of 48 months. The selected candidate will receive a FAPESP Young Investigator Fellowship in the amount of R$ 8.152,20 monthly free of Income Taxes. The peer reviewed Project of the selected Young Investigator may receive a Research Grant as described in: http://fapesp.br/en/4479.
The Instituto de Pesca's mission is related to the responsibility of the use of living aquatic resources through the development of technology for sustainable aquaculture and fisheries, as well as the improvement of the quality of human life. Our infrastructure includes laboratories and experimental aquaculture ponds for trials. The current research interest includes the development of scientific and technological tools in order to promote aquatic environment monitoring and sustainability of fish farming.
Expected research focus
The research focus is related to the following topics:
- Technology for treatment of effluents from fish farming activity with focusing on the multiple uses of body water;
- Structure of the aquatic community (with emphasis in phytoplankton) for biomonitoring of the ecological and sanitary characteristics of fish farming in Aquaculture Sites;
- Propose a bioindicator of water quality based on the phytoplankton community, elaborating a warning system for the prevention of algal blooms and off-flavours for the food safety in Aquaculture Sites;
- Development of scientific researches to find out mechanisms for the management of aquatic resources focusing on hydrographic basin of sites where aquaculture can be carried out, considering the support capacity, the diffuse contribution of nutrients and the introduction of exotic species.Application, documents and dates.
Profile and required skills:
PhD in Aquaculture, with experience in limnology, water quality in aquaculture, phytoplankton, cyanobacteria, best management practices in fish farming aiming at environmental sustainability. The candidate must have a background on aquatic ecosystems ecology, with focus on the eutrophication process in reservoirs. Language skills: English, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
Application, documents and dates
Please submit your application electronically, including a motivation letter (200 words MAX), curriculum vitae (04 pages MAX) and three recommendation letters file to Instituto de Pesca (firstname.lastname@example.org). The closing date for applications is February 20, 2019. The applicants should send their résumé (in pdf) showing his/her experience and highlithting his/her publications in indexed scientific journals according to FAPESP instructions (short CV FAPESP instructions - http://www.fapesp.br/en/6351). The application should also include a short (300 words MAX) research proposal relevant to the area of interest of this position. Please send ALL the information as SINGLE .pdf file.
The candidates' curriculum, with proven experience on the topics described above and the submitted research proposal are key elements in the selection process. The candidate will receive an e-mail informing if he/she was pre-selected for this position by email@example.com. The pre-selected candidates will be asked to submit a full research Project by March 31, 2019 and the final decision will be posted in www.pesca.sp.gov.br by May 15, 2019.
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows: Brazil
Eligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence: All
Eligibility of fellows: nationality/ies: All
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Education Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil