Social Media Specialist
The Medical College (MC) was established in 1983, as a part of the Aga Khan University's Faculty of Health Sciences in Pakistan. It attaches great emphasis to the professional, personal and intellectual development of faculty and students, so that its graduates become contributory members and leaders of society.
The programmes offered by the Medical College are tailored to international standards in curriculum, student engagement and assessment, and aim to develop clinical competence in community settings and hospitals, as well as the assessment of health and prevention of disease in communities through primary health-care programmes.
You will help develop a strategy to launch and then maintain the MC's social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc. to deliver a rich, interactive multi-platform experience on social media, for various internal and external audiences, including prospective students, current students, faculty, staff, alumni, partners and the media.
Working in close conjunction with the AKU Office of Communications and MC Departments , you will use various modes of social media to promote academic/educational programmes, faculty research, clinical and community service and relevant student, faculty, staff and alumni achievements and accomplishments.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development of social media strategies and annual plans aligned with the MC's overall communication strategy
- Ensuring implementation of the strategy and plans through social media channels
- Ensuring that the faculty and departments of the Medical College adhere to AKU guidelines for use of social media
- Managing the Medical College's social media channels including writing, editing and posting relevant content in order to engage followers
- Tracking audience responses, moderating comments and responding to queries
- Identifying opportunities and methods to evolve content marketing by developing, shaping and repurposing content for key audiences
- Performing research on latest social media trends, competition and audience preferences and analyzing relevance for Medical College
- Monitoring the Medical College's ongoing presence on social media using the available analytical tools and preparing regular reports highlighting key metrics and performance indicators
- Highlighting key social media challenges and coming up with recommendations on how to address these
You should have:
- A Master's degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related discipline
- Experience in social media management with 2-3 years' of experience in professionally managing social media channels
- Experience in higher education or health care sector is highly desirable
- Knowledge and working experience of web and social media platforms and analytics
- Demonstrated writing skills to produce clear and effective content
- Ability to interact effectively and build strong relationships
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with various internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Ability to be proactive, self-driven and capable of working independently, as well as in a team-oriented environment
- Active listening; written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments and adhere to strict deadlines
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by February 20, 2019