Music Library Assistant
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Delivering an effective information service to clients of the Music Library
- Performing daily front desk duties
- The circulation of library material
- Interlibrary loans
- Handling general library and music inquiries
- Providing information literacy training
- Maintaining the Music Library collection
- Handling the cash desk for photocopies and fines
- Acting as back-up for the Information Specialist responsible for the Music Department
- B-degree and three years' work experience in the circulation section of an academic library.
Required Competencies (Skills, Kowledge and Behavbioural Attributes):
- Computer literacy in MS Office and the internet
- Knowledge of a circulation module in an academic library
- Appropriate language and communication skills
- Administrative and basic financial skills
- Accuracy and a sense of responsibility
- Organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
Added Advantages and Preferences:
- Knowledge of library software such as the circulation module of OCLC WordShare Management System
- Knowledge and experience of OCLC WorldShare Interlibrary Request module
- Experience in a Music Library or any related music examination/qualification (for example from ABRSM, UNISA or Trinity College)
Please Note: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent's level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact
Mrs Isobel Rycroft, Tel: (012) 420 2317 for enquiries relating to the post content, and Mr Gojiwe Malobola, Tel: (012) 420 3122 for Human Resources related enquiries.