Manager - Internships
This position plays a key role in driving new internship initiatives and engagement activities with employers.
The Student Employability team is responsible for delivering strategic projects and providing institution-wide support for student employability including curriculum embedded employability, Work-Integrated Learning and internships, and co- and extra-curricular employability and entrepreneurship initiatives.
We are seeking a highly skilled senior professional who will be able to plan, implement and manage institution-wide support for internships. This role will be responsible for the growth and development of new industry relationships to facilitate increased internship opportunities for students. The position will play a key role in driving new internship initiatives and engagement activities with employers. In addition the Manager, Internships will provide leadership and support to staff who coordinate internships and will oversee a small team.
To be successful you will need:
- Knowledge of the Australian higher education environment including national policy and strategies relating to work-integrated learning, internships and the enhancement of university-employer interactions;
- demonstrated experience in stakeholder relationship development and management;
- proven experience in leading, motivating and developing a team to deliver service excellence and continuous improvement;
- extensive experience in planning and executing projects from concept through to completion and review;
- undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree relevant to the role and extensive relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs—including significant industry, government and community collaborations—offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. And our work's cutting-edge nature—not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour—provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. And our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/jobs/.
Your division's broader role
The Division of Academic and Student Engagement (DASE) comprises the Office of Academic and Student Engagement and five key portfolio areas which provide strategic support to the DVC&VP (A).
Learn more at: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/learning/governance/portfolios/.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
- Ms Sharon Scott
- Manager Student Employability
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.