Senior Technician (Fabrication)
A unique opportunity to contribute in the development of our engineers of the future.
In support of the Workshop Operations Coordinator, you will monitor and assist in the daily workflow management and schedule to deliver quality project outcomes for our students and researchers.
Your role as the Senior Technician in the Infrastructure & Technical Services Team (I&TST) is to when required, provide advice and train technicians in trade-based design and manufacture, assist in the design and manufacture of the students Final Year Projects and contribute to research goals and objectives in the same capacity.
Your skills will ideally be broadly based with an understanding of manufacturing and fabrication techniques within an industry workshop environment. Additional skills that will be looked upon favourably would be experience with composite materials, CNC mill and lathe and associated programs and 3D Printing abilities.
You must have a trade based back ground or proven equivalent years' experience as defined by The University of Adelaide Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2017 - 2021.
To be successful you will need:
- Proven track record in effective leadership in a complex workshop environment
- Ability to work with general supervision, think creatively and laterally and exercise initiative as appropriate to achieve standards of excellence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical services and customer service attitude within a fabrication workshop.
- Demonstrated experience and training capabilities in engineering trade based design, manufacturing and maintenance.
- Demonstrated high level of computer literacy, knowledge and hands-on experience in use of specialised engineering software for design and manufacturing.
- Excellent Work Health and Safety management skills in relation to a mechanical workshop environment.
- High level organisational skills and an ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines, and the ability to prioritise tasks and assignments.
- Proven communication expertise with a diverse client groups and stakeholders and the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs—including significant industry, government and community collaborations—offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. And our work's cutting-edge nature—not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour—provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. And our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is a thriving centre of learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science - including machine learning - and high-level mathematics. Many of its academic staff are work leaders in their fields and graduates are highly regarded by employers.
Learn more about the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences at: ecms.adelaide.edu.au
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Applications close 11:55pm, 17 February 2019.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
- Scott Letton, Workshop Operations Coordinator, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia