Research Development Officer - Social Science
The Institute for Social Science Research (ISSR) is the flagship unit for applied social science research at UQ and one of the largest social science research institutes in Australia. ISSR's mission is to advance solution-oriented social research, and Institute researchers address some of the most important issues and challenges facing Australia and the world today in areas such as family dynamics, education, social wellbeing, data science, and health. ISSR brings together leading researchers, policy experts, and management professionals whose multidisciplinary approach benefits diverse end-users, from all levels of government to private industry, community organisations, and the not-for-profit sector.
The Research Development Officer will support the ISSR Strategy and Operations team to manage a large consulting and research portfolio. Key tasks include proposal development, corporate communications, and research administration.
The Research Development Officer will:
- Contribute to generating new research and consulting projects through the development of tenders, research proposals, and marketing collateral
- Take a leadership role in preparing strategic documents and corporate communications that can encourage investment in ISSR's research business
- Respond to diverse research opportunities with a range of clients, including government, industry, and not-for-profit organisations.
Applicants should possess qualifications in relevant disciplines. You should also have a strong desire to develop a successful and highly-productive research management career, excellent communication skills and writing abilities, and the capacity to work with multidisciplinary research teams.
The University of Queensland values diversity and inclusion and actively encourages applications from those who bring diversity to the University. Please refer to the University's Diversity and Inclusion webpage (https://staff.uq.edu.au/information-and-services/human-resources/diversity) for further information and points of contact if you require additional support.
This role is a full-time position, but flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Accessibility requirements and/or adjustments can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time, 12-month fixed term appointment at HEW Level 7 with the possibility of extension. The remuneration package will be in the range $83,633.65 - $91,350.33 p.a., plus employer superannuation contributions of up to 17% (total package will be in the range $97,851.37 - $106,879.88 p.a.).
The University of Queensland also offers other competitive options including salary sacrificing, on campus childcare, leave packaging and discounted private health insurance as well as many other benefits.
To discuss this role please contact Emma Earl on +61 7 3365 9076 or email@example.com.
You must have valid Australian work rights to apply for this role. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Sociology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia