Calculations & Mechanical projects Engineer
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France. Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics. Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
Duties and responsibilities
You will join a team of engineers in charge of advanced analyses/calculations and mechanical projects of new equipment for the ESRF particle accelerator complex and experimental stations (beamlines).
Your main duties and responsibilities are the following:
- Carry out advanced analyses and calculations for engineering and opto-mechanical projects in the fields of static and dynamic mechanical analyses, vibration and heat transfer. This involves the use of FEA and other specific calculation tools
- Take charge of engineering projects for new components for the accelerator and experimental beamlines (high stability supports, opto-mechanical devices, motorised mechanical systems, etc.) involving high precision, stability, vacuum and cooling technologies: feasibility studies, mechanical design studies using computer-assisted tools, supervision of the production of detailed mechanical drawings, procurement, manufacturing and test phases
For these tasks, you will work in close collaboration with engineers experienced in advanced analysis and in the design of scientific instrumentation.
Benefits and remuneration
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in France
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in France
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in France
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in France
- Mathematics and Statistics Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in France