Direct Doctorate Fellowship in Metabolism and Bioenergetics
An opportunity for PhD training with a pre-approved fellowship from the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) is opened. The study will be part of a basic research project entitled "Mitochondrial function and dysfunction: implications for aging and age-related diseases". The main goal is to advance the knowledge on the cell mechanisms including mitochondrial pathways that are involved in cell senescence and death, as well as the susceptibility and progression of aging associated diseases. The specific aim of the PhD project is to investigate the role of CETP (cholesteryl ester transfer protein) on the vascular reactivity and vulnerability to myocardium infarct, a putative association with mitochondria function in these target tissues, under the supervision of Professor Helena C. F. Oliveira, coordinator of the Lipid Metabolism Laboratory of the University of Campinas's Biology Institute (https://www.ib.unicamp.br/lipides/).
- The candidate must have a background in Physiology and Biochemistry (including Molecular Biology) and previous experience in bench working as undergraduate trainee. Evaluation of the Undergraduate School Records, documented previous experience and technical abilities are the main criteria for candidate selection;
- Undergraduate Degree with Major in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Biomedicine, Chemistry and related areas are acceptable;
- The candidate must NOT have a Master of Sciences degree, once this opportunity is directed to “just graduated individual” to join directly the PhD training;
- Availability and ability to work with animal experimentation (mice models) and cell culture;
- English speaking, reading and writing are required for foreigners. Portuguese or Spanish speaking are desirable;
- Must have availability to live in Campinas, São Paulo State, Brazil, and to work full time to develop the research project.
The scholarship will cover a 4-year period. The value, terms and conditions are defined according to FAPESP rules for this type of funding (http://www.fapesp.br/5315)
The predicted date to start is August 1st, 2019. The candidate must also apply to an independent selection process to join the PhD program in Molecular and Functional Biology at The Biology Institute, University of Campinas (https://www.ib.unicamp.br/pos_bfm/), which includes the proposal presentation and interview.
More information about the fellowship is at: fapesp.br/oportunidades/2686.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Biochemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil