Assistant Head Nurse, Internal Medicine Service Line
Entity: Aga Khan University Hospital
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
The Aga Khan University Hospital invites applications for the position of Assistant Head Nurse in Internal Medicine Service Line.
You will be responsible to:
- assist supervisor in day-to-day management of the Inpatient area and provide required clinical as well as administrative support
- teach and mentor new staff of the area and ensure that quality care is delivered to the patients
- meet consultants frequently to discuss patient care related issues and improvements required
- coordinate with multidisciplinary teams to enhance quality of patient care
- assess patient care and acuity trends, plan and manage unit, make staffing arrangements and ensure availability of required supplies, equipment and other resources
- propose initiatives to review concepts of Quality Improvement in Nursing Practice (QINP) and implement the required changes in the current procedures and practice.
You should have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BScN) from an accredited school
- valid license from Pakistan Nursing Council
- AHA Certification BLS/ACLS Provider and Instructor Post-basic course(s) in at least one clinical specialty (preferred)
- minimum 3 years of critical care areas, clinical experience
- in-depth knowledge of nursing policies and processes
- good interpersonal skills and communication skills
- ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- willingness to work in shifts.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by March 17, 2019
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Nursing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan