Nurse Navigator (Ophthalmology), Service Line - Eye & ENT
Entity: Aga Khan University Hospital
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi is proud to have qualified and dedicated Team of Surgeons, Medical, Nursing and Allied professionals within the Service Line Eye and ENT. Using state of the art equipment helps to identify, diagnose and treat Eye and ENT related problems. The department of Ophthalmology offers a variety of surgical treatment procedures like cataract surgery, corneal transplant surgery, glaucoma drainage surgery, mid face reconstruction and cosmetic surgery, squint surgery, retinal detachment surgery. Procedures like cochlear implants, reconstructive surgery post trauma or cancer head and neck surgery are unique to ENT. Based on these specialized procedures, patients are accommodated in the out-patient as well as the in-patient areas. Eye and ENT believes in innovation, exemplary care and access to services for all.
You will be required to offer individual assistance to patients and caregivers to help overcome healthcare system barriers, provide education and resources to facilitate informed decision making and timely access to quality health and psychosocial care. Specific responsibilities include to:
- Assess patient needs upon initial encounter and periodically throughout navigation, matching unmet needs with appropriate services, referrals and support services
- Perform detailed counselling of patient and family before initiating care plan,conduct counselling which covers all components of holistic care, particularly communication on reproductive health
- Facilitate timely scheduling of appointments, diagnostic testing and procedures to expedite the care plan and to promote continuous care
- Act as a liaison between the patient, family and caregivers, and the care providers to optimize patient care outcomes
- Demonstrate effective communication with peers, members of the multidisciplinary healthcare teams and other concerned.
You should have:
- BScN Degree from a recognized nursing institute
- Minimum two years of experience as a registered nurse / critical care nurse or equivalent experience
- Valid license from Pakistan Nursing Council
- Certification in Basic Life Support, Safe Medication Administration, Intravenous Cannulation etc.
- Possess sound clinical knowledge and competencies in specialty-specific site
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly communication skills
- Ability to asses, plan and coordinate patient care as per planned management
- Possess persuasive skills to manage patient counselling effectively
- Ability to effectively work independently as well as in teams and handle work pressure.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by March 17, 2019
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Nursing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan