Senior Instructor Research - Department of Medicine
Aga Khan University
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Aga Khan University (AKU), a private, self-governing international university chartered in Pakistan in 1983, is a role model for academic, research and service programmes in health and higher education in the developing world. The University currently has teaching sites in Pakistan, East Africa, the United Kingdom and Afghanistan, and is a major component of Aga Khan Development Network.
The Aga Khan University invites applications for the position of Senior Instructor (Research), Department of Medicine.
The appointee will be responsible to:
- able to extract data accurately and ensure data quality
- work with multidisciplinary teams to analyze sub-set of data accordingly
- formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- work on big data including but not limited to institutional datasets/databases
- analyse and interpret data and prepare quarterly reports and manuscripts for publication in high impact journals
- perform best practices of data analysis using standard baseline and inferential analyses, in order to test hypotheses and identify patterns in the data as and when required
- use new and existing tools to interpret, analyze, and visualize univariate and multivariable relationships in the data
- develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality and quantity (both) as per the data
- extend existing analysis strategies and/or develop new strategies as needed to meet the needs of the research question and objectives
- manage and resolve data processing issues including supervising, managing and cleaning of datasets
- overall, review and suggest improvements relating to the research project/s, written protocols and related informed consents
- develop tools for data visualization
- develop prescriptive and predictive deep learning algorithms
- play an active role as a member of Departmental Review Committee (DRC), adjudging each study in accordance with the research ethics guidelines, separately for observational and experimental studies.
- integrate, link and harness university wide databases for quality and research purposes together with the support of IT personnel
- disseminate research findings related to different projects in international and local journals and conducting local and international workshops in collaboration with other research faculty.
- Applicants should have:
- MBBS or Bachelor's Degree in Health Sciences with MSc in Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- at least 2 to 3 years' experience of community based research (for Sr. Instructor) with respect to data collection, storage, field editing, quality checks and data entry
- good command in written and spoken Urdu and English with fluency in the local language well versed with current research methodologies with a preferable track record of publications
- good conceptual and analytical skills proficiency in use of related computer software packages related to research.
Interested candidates should send their detailed CVs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the subject with position number “10023983”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Applications should be submitted latest by March 31, 2019