IT Support and Security Analyst - Department of Security Services
ELECTRONIC SECURITY AND TECHNOLOGY OFFICE
IT SUPPORT AND SECURITY ANALYST
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 8
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy. The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be required to:
- Enhance the Department with information technology knowledge;
- Audit the Department for vulnerabilities and compliment the technical team of the Department;
- Assist with system configuration and new system installations;
- Manage service level agreements with the Department of Information Technology Services;
- Investigate and research complex problems/disruptions, as well as provide solutions to minimise negative impact on business continuity.
- BSc IT or BTech degree;
- Three years' experience in IT troubleshooting/problem resolution and providing user support for IT systems;
- Valid driver's licence.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Very good technical knowledge and understanding of IT infrastructure (hardware, network, operating systems, databases, middleware applications) and the interaction between the different components;
- Ability to effectively manage relationships;
- Ability to complete tasks (self-driven);
- Ability to identify specific needs, investigate possible solutions and develop resulting reports with recommendations;
- Good communication, problem solving and analytic skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- BSc IT Honours degree;
- Experience in a tertiary environment.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent's level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 25 March 2019
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms K Mathebula, Tel: (012) 420 2417
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 May 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups. All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials. The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.