Manager: Security Systems and Technology - Department of Security Services
DEPARTMENT OF SECURITY SERVICES
MANAGER: SECURITY SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 7
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy. The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be required as a member of the management team to perform the following functions within the Department of Security Service:
- Provide strategic technical leadership and direction relating to all security related technologies, platforms and systems;
- Scan the external environment and conduct research pertaining to new technologies that may enhance synergies and efficiencies within the institution;
- Advocate and advice on suitable and feasible solutions that will ensure the institution's security related systems and platforms are world class;
- Ensure the integration of security related systems and technologies across the institution;
- Interpret and provide business intelligence based on data collected from the various security related systems.
- Relevant BEng degree;
- Five years' relevant experience in an electronic and system operated environment of which two years was in a management role;
- Valid driver's licence.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Programming/software engineering skills;
- Competent in electronic design principles, networking architecture and database design;
- Competent in technical troubleshooting/root cause analysis;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal and good communication skills;
- Professional and client centric approach.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Management qualifications (NQF 8+);
- Masters of Engineering degree;
- Project management experience;
- Experience in a tertiary environment.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent's level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 25 March 2019
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms K Mathebula, Tel: (012) 420 2417
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 May 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups. All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials. The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.