Senior Lecturer - Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL AND SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 7
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy. The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Teaching and research;
- Supervising final year projects and BCS 780 module at postgraduate level. (You may access the Brochure on the Industrial Engineering website);
- Supervising students at honours, masters and doctoral levels;
- Performing academic administration and other duties as determined by die Head of Department;
- Participating in the Department's strategic initiatives to teaching, research and community engagement.
- Doctorate degree in Industrial Engineering or and equivalent qualification;
- Appropriate tertiary teaching experience at undergraduate/postgraduate level;
- A proven record of research experience supported by accredited publications.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good time management skills;
- Appropriate teaching and research skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Preference will be given to the candidate with the specialization in more than one of the following areas: Supply Chain Engineering, Supply Chain Design or Logistics;
- Registered PrEng from ECSA;
- Experience supervising masters students.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent's level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 25 March 2019
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Ronel Gropp, Tel: (012) 420 4270
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 May 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups. All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials. The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa