Research Project Assistant - Institute for Human Development
Entity Institute for Human Development
Location Nairobi, Kenya
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents (www.aku.edu). An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access.
Understanding and supporting the development of people in the day-to-day contexts in which they live and experience their multiple worlds are fundamental to any society's hope of attaining a high quality of life and well-being for its citizens. The Institute for Human Development is dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge with direct relevance for policies, programs, and practices that enhance life experiences at all stages of human development. In its foundational years, the Institute seeks particularly to become a major instrumental agent, locally as well as globally, for advancing knowledge about the earliest years of children's development and harnessing such knowledge for the purposes of shaping policies and interventions that ensure a strong start in life for all children wherever they may live.
Reporting to the PI/Project Manager the incumbent will be expected to assist in programmatic and administrative duties related to the Project.
- Coordinate field work together with implementing partners on community engagement processes
- Represent IHD in field activities
- Data management i.e. data archiving, qualitative data transcription
- Logistical support to the Field Research Facility
- Procurement liaison
- Finance liaison
- Coordinate travel arrangement/travel logistics
- Assist in management of financial records
- Assist in management of Project assets inventory
- Research data archiving
- A bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Development, Nutrition, Development Studies or related field with 2 years working experience
- Experience in community mobilization and partner engagement processes,
- Experience working in urban informal settlement
- Experience in supporting office administrative activities
- Experience supporting research project activities including data collection and data transcription
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS office packages
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal relations
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Keen desire to learn and demonstrative proactiveness
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by March 25, 2019