Case Officer - Directorate for Student Discipline and Mediation
Case Officer (post level 12)
Job ID: 2718
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide procedural and administrative assistance to the Manager and Senior Case Officer in the day-to-day running of the Directorate.
- Execute tasks relating to the effective and efficient handling of any student disciplinary matters.
- Accountable to the Manager of the Directorate.
- Act as evidence leader in less serious matters.
- Assist with mediations.
- Assist in investigations, taking of statements, collection of evidence.
- Compile reports.
- Assist in gathering of information to draft rules, procedures and related processes.
- Grade 12.
- One (1) to two (2) years' relevant experience in disciplinary matters.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University's richly diverse working environment.
- Thorough knowledge of dealing with student disciplinary matters.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Relevant certificates of experience in mediation, investigation, consultation.
- Relevant diploma or degree, with specialisation in legal subjects.
- A legal background in hearings, mediation, investigation.
- Higher education experience especially in Student disciplinary matters.
- Knowledge of hearings and/or court trial and procedures.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible
20 March 2019
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3687/9161.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
Please note: Compile/Convert all the below documents as one document (PDF or Word), when uploading it on the online applications system.
• a detailed curriculum vitae (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
• certified copies (not older than 3 months) of all academic records;
• certified copies (not older than 3 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
• a certified copy (not older than 3 months) of your identity document (ID).
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete, or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.