Residential and Hospitality Services staff are committed to providing a first-class service to student residents and so it is essential that you are able to get on well with students who are often away from home for the first time.
In order to continue to offer an outstanding student experience, we are looking for reliable and hardworking people to work as General Assistants.
You'll be responsible for ensuring that our Residences are kept clean and tidy, to an agreed standard. You'll interact with students and building users and be a friendly face they recognise.
During summer months our Residences are used for summer visitors and language students Your work will be essential in ensuring that they have an enjoyable stay.
Previous experience of cleaning is desirable but not essential as we'll train and support you every step of the way. We're interested in your personality, you will be an enthusiastic team player with a can do attitude and would happy to use your own initiative.
You'll also need a good level of fitness, a reasonable level of literacy and good communication skills.
These roles will operate a five day out of seven working pattern, according to our Terms and Conditions. The hours are variable and may include some weekends, so you'll need to be flexible.
Not only will you be working as part of a committed team, you'll also receive these great benefits:
- A competitive rate of pay;
- A generous pension scheme;
- Up to 25 days annual leave per year, eight bank holidays and seven University closure days;
- A commitment to the wellbeing of our teams with on the job training and welfare support;
- The chance to develop, with many training courses available;
- Tax and national insurance savings through salary exchange schemes on nursery care and child care vouchers;
- A generous staff discount scheme, staff club and discounted sports facilities membership.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Tracey Brooks - email@example.com or 0117 394 1994.
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on 25th March 2019.
We appreciate and value difference, seeking to attract, develop and retain a diverse mix of talented people that will contribute to the overall success of Bristol and help maintain our position as one of the world's leading universities.