Associate Director EHS
Associate Director, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)
We are looking for an experienced Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Associate Director for our manufacturing Site in Vienna, Austria. The EHS Asssociate Director provides leadership and technical guidance in order to develop, implement, maintain and improve continuously the Environmental, Safety and Health Management System in order to guarantee full compliance with legal requirments and corporate standards.
Responsibilities include but will not be limited to the following main tasks:
* Manage site EHS programs, including routine assessments, facilitating corrective measures as necessary and anticipating program needs based on relevant business conditions and developments.
* Effectively lead a team of EHS professionals.
* Ensure facility compliance with local, Austrian and corporate standards and guidelines.
* Ensure an effective implementation and maintenance of tailored site-level EHS programs including the recognition and reporting of any potential deficient situations/conditions with appropriate corrective actions.
* Interact and communicate with corporate EHS, Compliance, Quality Assurances, Technical Services, Engineering, Manufacturing, Research & Development and Distribution representatives.
* Ensure the improvement and implementation of site-specific environmental, health and safety training to meet facility needs; including regulatory and best management practices.
* Conduct proper investigations to determine root cause for all facility incidents, spills, accidents, near misses, and injuries to prevent recurrence.
* Coordinate proper handling and disposition of facility waste materials.
* Advise management on upcoming environmental, health and safety regulations.
* Technical (engineering, chemistry) primary degree with a post-grad EHS qualification
* 5-8 years of experience in a similar role within a highly regulated manufacturing environment, preferably in Pharmaceutical and/or Chemical Industry
* Relevant professional certification(s) (e.g. Sicherheitsfachkraft) preferred
* Experience on supporting multiple activities/projects and on working with EHS regulatory agencies and Corporate support functions
* Documented knowledge of Austrian EHS laws and regulatory framework; robust skills interpreting and applying regulatory framework
* Lean/Six Sigma experience advantageous
* Strong people management skills; proven ability to lead/motivate without direct reporting line/ authority
* Strong leadership and change execution skills
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Proven ability to develop sustainable cooperative professional relationships on all levels of the organization
* High ethical standards, being a role model of business compliance and integrity
* Demonstrated analytical and logical problem solving abilities
* Flexibility to perform multiple, complex tasks simultaneously to efficiently support the business
* Fluency in written and spoken German and English