Associate Professor in Education Design and Learning Improvement
- Exciting opportunity to contribute large scale mixed method longitudinal research to examine performance assessment, data linkage and moderation
- Work with a team of senior internationally-recognised scholars
- Full-time, continuing position located at our Brisbane CBD campus
- Appointment will be at the Academic Level D and based on the successful candidate's experience and research track record
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses - Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Institute for Learning Sciences & Teacher Education (ILSTE) is a national research institute hosting a team of internationally-renowned researchers and international scholars undertaking nationally-funded research studies with a range of industry-funded partners Our research draws on both qualitative and quantitative methodologies and includes large-scale, longitudinal studies and meta-analyses. A priority focus is on research relating to policy and practice.
ILSTE's research focuses across six research programs:
- Assessment, evaluation and student learning
- Sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics in education
- Early childhood futures
- Educational semiotics in English and literacy pedagogy
- Teacher education, quality and professional practice
- Data analytics and learning interventions
The position provides exciting opportunities to contribute to large-scale mixed method longitudinal research located in the research program Assessment, Evaluation and Student Learning. The research will examine the nature and function of performance assessment, data linkage and moderation. The research engages with the numerous international and national reviews and reform agenda that call for improved quality in teacher education and the already strong interest of governments in evidence of the quality of schooling and its effectiveness. The successful candidate will be working the research team in investigations in performance assessment and is expected to produce world class publications as sole author and in collaboration with members of the Institute. For more detailed duties and responsibilities please see the attached position description.
The successful applicant will need to have:
- PhD in initial teacher education with specialist focus in any of the following: assessment, performance assessment validation, professional standards, teacher preparation including the academic programs and school placements.
- A strong track record in publications in leading international journals
- A strong track record in attracting external funding including national competitive grants and significant industry funding
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and in research teams to deliver shared goals and meet deadlines
- A strong track record of initiating collaborations with researchers, and industry and community groups with researchers to complete research on time and on budget.
- Evidence of demonstrated impact through research in the field of teacher education and initial teacher education in particular
- Evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
This role is at Academic Level D. Appointment will be based on the successful candidates experience and research track record. Obtain the Position Description via the ACU Careers website. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply .
Total remuneration valued to AUD $165,130 - $181,771 pa, including salary component AUD$139,902 - $154,125 p.a. plus employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent tothe Institute Manager on email: Alison.Curtis@acu.edu.au
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.